Inflammation caused by free radicals are the main reason why cancer happens in the first place, and only antioxidant from acai berry can defeat them effectively.
The açai berry is a very powerful antioxidant and a potent inflammation fighter. It’s a real powerhouse antioxidant packing 10 times the antioxidant power of cranberries.
Knock Out Cancer Cells with this Powerful Amazon Berry
Most days Dr.Sears drink a bit of a juice called açai (ah-SAH-ee). He sometimes recommend it to patients too.
The ORAC value shows a food’s antioxidant power. The higher the ORAC value, the stronger its antioxidant power.
The açai berry has an ORAC value of 102,700 (per 100 grams)! Before the açai berry, we used to think of blueberries and cranberries as being number one on the antioxidant list. But the açai berry is much stronger.
This graph shows how dramatic the difference is:
When introduced to cancer cells, this popular Brazilian berry triggered a self-destruct response in up to 86% of leukemia cells tested.
How Cancer Develops Inside Your Body?
Cancer is what happens when damaged cells start to multiply out of control. And free radicals are a major contributor to cell damage.
What is Free Radicals?
Free radicals are bad, unstable oxygen molecules. Typically, they are missing an electron and attack the nearest stable molecule, “stealing” its electron. When the “attacked” molecule loses its electron, it becomes a free radical itself, beginning a chain reaction. Once this chain reaction begins it has a snowball effect.
What is Antioxidants?
• Antioxidants neutralize free radicals by donating one of their own electrons, ending the electron-“stealing” reaction. The antioxidant molecules themselves don’t become free radicals because they donated an electron – they are stable in either form.
• prevent cell and tissue damage that could lead to cellular damage and disease.
That’s why the açai berry is a powerful cancer fighter. It has a rich source of antioxidants that protect every one of your body’s cells, tissues, and organs.
In addition to helping prevent cancer, antioxidants reduce inflammation – a major cause of diseases like Alzheimer’s, heart disease, and arthritis. Plus, they boost your immune system and ensure your organs function properly.
Açai is naturally rich in:
• Omega fats (the good kind, unlike the saturated fats found in fast food)
• amino acids
• vitamins A, B1, E
The açai berry is one of the most powerful antioxidants you’ll find in fresh fruits.
Fight Free Radicals with these 4 Little-Known Antioxidants
There are other fruits that pack a serious antioxidant punch… Here are a few of Dr.Sears favorites:
– This is a protein-digesting enzyme that comes from the stem of the pineapple plant. It reduces harmful prostaglandins which cause inflammation – especially in joints. Numerous studies prove its effectiveness at relieving pain from arthritis. Plus, it works synergistically and amplifies the effects of other antioxidants. Take 500 mg once a day for optimal protection.
• Camu Camu Extract:
– This extract comes from a reddish purple cherry that grows deep within the Amazon Rainforest. It boasts the highest natural vitamin C content of any food in the world –over 30 times the vitamin C found in an orange.
It’s also a rich source of anthocyanins. These are potent antioxidants that seek and destroy harmful free radicals. In fact, a study published in the Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry found anthocyanins to be effective at inhibiting the growth of human tumor cells. Take 400 mg daily.
• Pomegranate Juice:
– Pomegranate juice contains a whole array of antioxidants. But its most powerful is punicalagin. It protects cardiovascular function and helps your cells replicate properly.
In a recent study, punicalagin was shown to stop the spreading of colon cancer cells. You can find pomegranate juice at your local health food store.
• Goji Berry:
– For over 6,000 years, Chinese and Tibetan herbalists have used Goji berries to protect the liver, improve eyesight, boost the immune system, and improve circulation. They look like red raisins and are packed with antioxidants known as carotenoids. You can find them at a Chinese herbal shop or your local health food store. Eat 3 berries a day or drink 2 tablespoons of Goji berry juice mixed in water or your favorite juice.